Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day everyone!!!
I sadly had nothing planned for Earth Day which is a first. So like I said in my last post I'm taking it as a chance to catch up on my ILP. So a quick update:
  • Finally got two resources for calculating Carbon footprints from my classmate Robbert. One is for calculating household and personal travel foot prints and the other is actually specifically for schools. Hopefully will have results from those up shortly
  • Added a few books to the Bibliography on my wiki.
  • Attempted to sign up for a Design Science Lab program this summer up in NYC with the UN, but sadly they didn't have enough people signed up so they had to cancel it. Which is a shame because it was all to do with green design and alturnate energy, exactly what I studying and extremely interested in.
  • Still trying to sit my dad down to help me with the LEED check lists to see where SLA stands in the points.
  • Hopping to be able to write a proposal to Philly Management soon to be able to get a dumpster put out behind SLA so we can start recycling paper.
That is it for now. Hopefully I will be able to be better at updating and getting things done from now on. Has been a bit of a slow point the past month or so.

1 comment:

Fannah Heldman said...

Yay Earth Day! Hopefully everyone remembered to vote as well. Sadly, I don't think the Green party has made much headway...

My dad's getting a Japanese lilac tree out front! The county took out our tree :( Apparently it was too high and was interfering with the power lines. Also, two of those trees on our block kinda fell down in the middle of the night...yeah...missed the cars and houses, thank goodness!